The following was posted by the Sooke Fire Rescue Service, on their Facebook page. Click the link below to following them directly.
“The District of #Sooke has put a campfire ban in place effective immediately (July 6, 2017). Please click the link below for additional information. Sooke is not in the Fog Zone.
“Propane/gas fireplaces are permitted.”
If you have any questions, they can be reached during office hours on their non-emergency phone, 250-642-5422, or through their Facebook page (below).
- District of Sooke Burning Regulations
- Otter Point Fire Regulations
- District of Sooke Fire Services Regulation Bylaw
- Environmental Management Act Open Burning Smoke Control Regulations
- BC Government Venting Index
Current Fire Danger Rating