The mucky-mucks have come and gone, joyfully celebrating the completion of the roundabout. And indeed, the roundabout is completed.
And while the politicians have had their ceremonial photo taken on a cold and blustery day, and ticked another checkmark on their list, the reality for the Sooke commuter is slightly different. No, wait: Remarkably, massively, beyond significantly different.
[sam id=”15″ codes=”true”]Everything else now needs to be completed. Most notably, paving. Single-lane traffic will continue throughout the most of the day today (November 19). Expect major delays.
Here are some suggestions for drivers:
- When at all possible, use the detours. Charters to Throup; Church to Wadams Way; Otter Point to Sooke.
- For business at or near Evergreen Mall, use Wadams Way and park near the library or Home Hardware. Then walk.
- For businesses at or near the mall at Coast Capital, use the backway entrance by the Laundry Mat.
- Be kind to the flaggers. It’s not their fault. They are just doing their job.
- Be patient. Yesterday some people reported a five minute driving taking half an hour. If you must drive through the core, know that this might be your reality too.
- Have some nice music with you.
- Do NOT text while waiting. Ever.
- Where possible, walk.
Resources: All things about the Roundabout
- Expect major delays through Sooke central again today
- New roundabout rolled out in Sooke
- Sooke roundabout paving schedule now has a tentative completion date
- Local businesses show appreciation to construction crews
- And just when they thought it couldn’t be done, someone goes and does it…
- Kudos to the construction crew!
- Sooke roundabout half open
- The beloved roundabout in Sooke coming along
- Preparing for the roundabout in Sooke
- Sooke roundabout construction update
- Change is good; Mayor Tait and Council urged to continue their progress
- Sooke roundabout questions and answers
- Ceremony marks the beginning of Sooke’s central traffic circle
- Are you ready for the roundabout? Here’s what you should know about using them
[sam_ad id=”55″ codes=”true”]