The Sooke Region Chamber of Commerce was successful in obtaining a grant under the Canada Summer jobs program and is looking to hire an individual with administrative experience. The position is a temporary, full-time position commencing as early as May 29th but no later than July 4th. The position is for a maximum of 16 weeks and will be approximately 38 hours per week with the majority of hours taking place Monday to Friday between 10am and 5pm. Some evening and weekend work may be necessary with advance notice.
The successful candidate will possess the following skill set:
- administrative or office management experience
- quick learner and teachable
- hard working, resourceful and able to work under minimal supervision
- intermediate knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office Suite
This position would be ideal for a mature highschool student, a university or college student, someone who plans to enter/re-enter the workforce after the completion of their program and is looking to gain some experience now.
As part of the Canada Summer Jobs agreement funding requirement criteria, the individual who is hired must fall under the following:
- is between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
- was registered as a full-time student during the preceding year;
- intends to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year;
- is a student in secondary, post-secondary, vocational or technical program;
- is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act* and;
- is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial legislation and regulations.
*Foreign student are not eligible.
Compensation: $11.00/hour or more, DOE
To apply, please send your resume and short cover letter to email@example.com by May 14th, 2017.