-West Shore RCMP, Traffic Services
Just over a year ago, fines and penalties for using an electronic device while driving have increased to $368 and four (4) penalty points.
Police are stepping up enforcement to catch offenders that put the lives of other motorists at risk. When using an electronic device while driving, you are five time more likely to get into a crash.
If you use a phone behind the wheel, you can’t see the road and you will be caught.
No call or text is worth risking your life or the lives of others. Using your phone at a red light is still prohibited.
With this simple tip, you will contribute to making our streets safer: leave your phone alone.
- If you use a phone behind the wheel, you will be caught
- DRIVING: Pedestrian safety tips #2
- What can you do with $368?
- Distracted driving, some facts to consider
- RCMP have new tools to see distracted drivers
- One in four deaths on BC roads involved distracted driving