-SPN Traffic Report
Travellers are advised that crews are repaving approximately four kilometres of the Pat Bay Highway (Highway 17) in both directions between Vanalman Avenue and Haliburton Road.
Work is taking place at night when traffic volumes are low, generally from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m., with no construction on Sundays or statutory holidays.
Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure staff will monitor traffic throughout the duration of the project to ensure any delays related to construction are minimal. The work schedule may change due to weather and other conditions, but the project is expected to be complete in early fall.
Motorists are advised to allow for extra time and are reminded to obey traffic control personnel and construction speed limits, and watch for workers and highway message boards.
- For up-to-date traffic on Highway 17, visit Drive BC.ca
- Forup-to-date traffic on Highway 1 (Vancouver Island) visit Drive BC.ca.
Other Current Drive BC Advisories include:
- Highway 1 on Vancouver Island Both directions: Road will be closed in both directions for 2 x 15 minute intervals at Mackenzie Avenue in Saanich to facilitate safe blasting. From 8:15 to 8:30pm and from 9:15 to 9:30pm daily starting July 24 through July 29. Updated on Mon Jul 24 at 7:35 pm PDT.
- Road will be closed in both directions for 2 x 15 minute intervals to facilitate safe blasting, at Mackenzie Avenue in Saanich, from 8:15 to 8:30 pm and from 9:15 to 9:30 pm daily starting Jul 31 through Aug 4. Updated on Tue Jul 25 at 11:27 am PDT.
- Construction 600 m north of Mackenzie Avenue in Saanich (200m South and 300m North of Grange Rd) 7:00 pm to 5:30 am daily starting Jul 31 through Aug 4. Slow lane closures in both directions will be in effect.
- Road will be closed on Mackenzie Avenue from Burnside to Hwy 1 in Saanich because of Galloping Goose Overpass concrete pour, starting Mon Jul 31 at 11:00 pm through Tue Aug 1 at 5:30 am. Please use alternate route and obey traffic control staff.
- Highway 1 on Vancouver Island Both directions: Malahat: Construction Highway 1 – Malahat between Shawnigan Lake Road and Aspen Road. Northbound right lane closure in effect 24 hours a day, 7 days per week. Intermittent traffic stoppages outside 6:00am and 9:00am Southbound, and 3:00pm to 6:00pm Northbound. Expect delays longer than 30 minutes. Watch for flaggers & construction speed zones. Use both lanes to merge points & then alternate when merging. Updated on Sat Jul 8 at 4:01 pm PDT.
Note: Commenting on this article is now closed. If you wish to add your comments, please visit this article on the .ca site, at http://sooke.pocketnews.ca/night-re-paving-on-pat-bay-highway-underway/