The Sooke Fire Department has had a very busy few days. In addition to attending to the Mt. Manual Quimper Fire, they’ve also had to respond to a small town core brush fire behind Evergreen Mall.
Sooke Fire Rescue Service has provided the following updates on their Facebook page:
Mt. Manual Quimper Wildfire
Update 6 @ 18:00: Fire is 100% contained. Crews working towards center of fire area. Crews will continue to work this for another 90 minutes, then get some rest so they can return tomorrow morning. Huge round of applause for CRD Parks and BC Wildfire. They’ve worked their butts off!
Update 7 @ 21:00: All crews are off the mountain for the evening. Sooke Fire, CRD, and BC Wildfire crews to return in the morning to continue with extinguishing hot spots.
Evergreen Mall brush fire
In addition to the Mt. Manual Quimper fire, they had to attend a “small brush fire behind Evergreen Mall”
- Rubbish fire behind Shoppers quickly extinguished
- VIDEO: CTV News update on the July 12 fire along Sooke Rd
- PHOTOS: Metchosin Chief Dunlop shares Sooke Rd fire photos
- Fast-moving brush fire on Sooke Rd near Kangaroo fully contained
- Sooke fire attends a bush fire behind Evergreen Mall
- Mt. Manual Quimper fire day 2: Partially contained, and still burning (photos)
- Brush fire in Harbourview area, Saseenos
- Late afternoon fire quickly quelled
- Sooke Fire attends another fire near Wadams Way and Otter Point
- Reminder from Sooke Fire: Open burning ends May 31