The fire rating in Sooke is now set at HIGH.
A “High” fire danger rating means “Forest fuels are very dry and the fire risk is serious. New fires may start easily, burn vigorously, and challenge fire suppression efforts. Extreme caution must be used in any forest activities. Open burning and industrial activities may be restricted.”
Sooke has already seen a number of local fires, including those started by carelessly tossed cigarettes. The recent fire on Mt. Manual Quimper is also suspected to be human caused.
Please follow all fire regulations closely.
- Rubbish fire behind Shoppers quickly extinguished
- VIDEO: CTV News update on the July 12 fire along Sooke Rd
- PHOTOS: Metchosin Chief Dunlop shares Sooke Rd fire photos
- Fast-moving brush fire on Sooke Rd near Kangaroo fully contained
- Sooke fire attends a bush fire behind Evergreen Mall
- Mt. Manual Quimper fire day 2: Partially contained, and still burning (photos)
- Brush fire in Harbourview area, Saseenos
- Late afternoon fire quickly quelled
- Sooke Fire attends another fire near Wadams Way and Otter Point
- Reminder from Sooke Fire: Open burning ends May 31