Victoria Councillor Charlayne Thornton-Joe and CHEK reporter Tess van Straaten sit in a hot car and monitor the interior heat to show how rapidly a car can warm up. People have an ability to sweat that helps keep them cooler. Dogs do not.
Note, they did this with a paramedic on standby. Do not try this at home!
- VIDEO: Two people demonstrate interior car heat so that your dogs won’t have to
- Heat wave management tips
- Don’t bring your dog to town son, leave your dog at home
- The heat is back: Don’t take your dogs to town son, leave your dogs at home Bill
- New Democrat bill would help protect animals in distress
- Speaking of dumping, the District of Sooke issues this gentle reminder to dog owners…
- Hot cars and hot dogs are a dangerous mix
- Your beloved pet left in a hot vehicle could be dead in 10 minutes