The following is a controlled test. Do not try this at home. You’ll notice that there’s a blip at about 17 seconds. According to the original poster, “We paused the video so it wasn’t so long. It took about seven mins in total to light once the wind picked up.” This video clip is 30 seconds long.
- VIDEO: Watch this cigarette butt start a grass fire
- Fire season in Sooke begins
- Sooke PocketNews brings back the summer weather feature: Western Canada Smoke Forecast
- New wildfire fines came in effect on April 1
- Outdoor burning? Exercise caution
- How to … not cost the Sooke Fire Department oodles of money, or how to save yourself $200
- General open burning in Sooke regulations